Adobe Photoshop (Windows Only)

Adobe Photoshop Discussions Forum (Windows Only). Photoshop is a graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe. It is the current and primary market leader for commercial bitmap and image manipulation, and is the flagship product of Adobe Systems. It's the industry standard for graphics professionals. 

Keywords Adobe, Photoshop, Windows, Memory, not, allocated, activation, process, Please, close, applications, try, agai

Memory could not be allocated for the activation process. Please close all applications and try agai

Adobe Photoshop (Windows Only) Forum Index -> Adobe Photoshop (Windows Only)

AuthorMessage
chrisc750 (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Memory could not be allocated for the activation process. Pl

I've been using Photoshop CS for awhile now and until recently everythings worked fine. Now I'm getting this "Memory could not be allocated for the activation process. Please close all applications and try again." popup error at startup then photoshop shuts off. I have a fairly new Alienware pc with a gig of good quality ram and have over 3/4 free. Any thoughts?
chrisc750 (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Memory could not be allocated for the activation process

Thanks for the help...
Don_McCahill (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Memory could not be allocated for the activation process

This is a user forum, and if your message is not answered in a few hours, a snide self-reply of the sort you made is not likely to encourage people to help you. We (the users) provide this service free of charge for no personal benefit. If you need immediate answers, call Adobe support, and you can purchase technical support.

If you want the free kind, please be patient and more accomodating.
Mick_Murphy (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Memory could not be allocated for the activation process

I think this is definitely one for Adobe support. It's cropped up several times (if you had done a search before posting you would have seen this) but I've never yet seen an answer to the problem. Suggestions have been made but nobody seems to have reported back with a solution.
dave_milbut (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Memory could not be allocated for the activation process

empty temp folders. disable startup processes with msconfig (start> run> type msconfig), reboot and try again.
   Adobe Photoshop (Windows Only) Forum Index -> Adobe Photoshop (Windows Only)All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1